Orientation for Unaccompanied Refugee Minors (URMs)
March 31, 2011
This webinar discusses the orientation of Unaccompanied Refugee Minors (URMs) regarding resettlement in the United States and the URM program. The webinar is suitable for anyone who would like to know what URMs learn about the URM program, foster care, and the reality of resettlement, as well as ways in which to strengthen URM orientation and facilitate their adjustment to life in the United States.
- Stephanie Cheah, Senior Cultural Orientation Trainer, International Rescue Committee Southeast Asia, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Sarah Krause, Cultural Orientation Regional Coordinator, Church World Service Sub-Saharan Africa, Nairobi, Kenya
- Molly Daggett, Program Manager, Unaccompanied Refugee Minors Program, Lutheran Community Services Northwest, Seattle, Washington
- Anita Prasad, Program Manager, Unaccompanied Refugee Minors Program, Commonwealth Catholic Charities, Richmond, VA
- Dani Abrams, Training and Curriculum Development Specialist, Cultural Orientation Resource Center, Washington D.C.
- Colleen Mahar-Piersma, Associate Director, Cultural Orientation Resource Center, Washington D.C.
PDF of PowerPoint: URM Orientation in Kuala Lumpur (International Rescue Committee Resettlement Support Center East Asia)
PDF of PowerPoint: URM Cultural Orientation (Church World Service/Resettlement Support Center Nairobi)
PDF of PowerPoint: Orientation for URMs in the United States (Lutheran Community Services Northwest; Commonwealth Catholic Charities)
PDF of PowerPoint: On Their Way: An Orientation Curriculum for Unaccompanied Refugee Minors (Cultural Orientation Resource Center)
Funded by the Office of Refugee Resettlement, Administration for Children and Families, Department of Health and Human Services, Grant No. 90RB0037